PSA: Coming out day
A few of these have been making the rounds on tumblr, but I haven’t seen one that says this yet:
- You don’t have to come out
- You don’t have to feel pressured to come out
- Being in the closet is not shameful
- It’s about protecting yourself
- If coming out will make you exposed to discrimination, rejection, harassment or violence, you are perfectly justified in staying closeted
- If coming out day makes you feel like being closeted makes you a lesser person, don’t
- It’s about survival and self-preservation
- And you are awesome and fabulous no matter how few or how many people in your life know about your identity
"(asked if there’s more to explore within Sherlock) “Oh, a lot. So much. We’ve never seen him being really pressed yet, so that will be interesting.”"
Benedict Cumberbatch, Empire Magazine, hinting at FUCKING THREE GARRIDEBS NOOOOOOO
I’ve said this before and I’ll point it out again -
Menstruation is caused by change in hormonal levels to stop the creation of a uterine lining and encourage the body to flush the lining out. The body does this by lowering estrogen levels and raising testosterone.
Or, to put it more plainly “That time of the month” is when female hormones most closely resemble male hormones. So if (cis) women aren’t suited to office at “That time of the month” then (cis) men are NEVER suited to office.
If you are a dude and don’t dig the ladies around you at their time of the month, just think! That is you all of the time.
And, on a final note, post-menopausal (cis) women are the most hormonally stable of all human demographics. They have fewer hormonal fluctuations of anyone, meaning older women like Hilary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren would theoretically be among the least likely candidates to make an irrational decision due to hormonal fluctuations, and if we were basing our leadership decisions on hormone levels, then only women over fifty should ever be allowed to hold office.
timemachineyeah (via arnericasinger)
"If you are a dude and don’t dig the ladies around you at their time of the month, just think! That is you all of the time. "
i’ve reblogged this before, but after watching “last comic standing” with my boyfriend and hearing way more period jokes than i thought would pass in 2014, gonna just put it out there again.
(Source: ask-pauli-amorous, via kelofmindelan)